The first 100% natural and compostable scrub pad in South Africa, by Simply Bamboo. Sustainably farmed and made in India from natural coconut fibres bound together with natural rubber, The Natural Scrub Pad provides an excellent alternative to a loofah for personal grooming and exfoliation. It can even be used to clean multiple surfaces such as counters, pots, pans without scratching them, although this results in a reduced lifespan. This ethically made pad contributes to the employment of women, supporting the local community; and is a renewable resource that will help you achieve your zero waste lifestyle goals.
The Natural Scrub Pad has these features:
- Made from 100% natural coconut fibre (coir)
- Super effective cleaning
- Non-toxic, hygienic, odourless and chemical-free
- More abrasive than traditional scrub pads
- Naturally antibacterial and water-resistant
- Environmentally friendly
- 10cm x 15cm
This multi-purpose scrub pad has a vast array of applications:
- Personal grooming, by providing an exfoliating treatment for your skin
- In the bathroom, for removing dirt on all surfaces
- In the kitchen, for removing tough dirt and grease from dishes or counters
We’d recommend using one scrub pad for each of these uses, but you can always cut the pad in half. When you’re done with it, simply dispose of it in your compost heap.
Depending on usage, the lifetime of the scrub pad will differ. For lighter use as an exfoliator, it will last up to 3 months. For heavy use on pots and pans, it will last up to 20 days.